Do you like cornbread? If yes then today after reading this article you will be able to make one for yourself at home. If you have tried to make cornbread at home but failed because you don’t know the exact cornbread recipe and how to make cornbread at home then read this article.
Cornbread is usually leavened by baking powder containing cornmeal, and a Native American cuisine. There are also many types of cornbread which we will tell you below and it was popular during the American Civil War.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients of cornbread?
- How to make cornbread at home? Cornbread recipe
- How much time does it take to make cornbread?
- What is the nutritional value of cornbread?
- What are the types of cornbread?
So first of all let’s take a look at what ingredients you need for making cornbread.
What are the ingredients of cornbread?
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
How to make cornbread at home? Cornbread recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8-inch square pan.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan.
- Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How much time does it take to make cornbread?
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||40 mins|
|Total Time||55 mins|
What is the nutritional value of cornbread?
|Vitamin A Iu|
What are the types of cornbread?
There are some types of cornbread available in the markets like,
- Baked cornbread
- Cracklin’ bread
- Corn pone
- Hot water cornbread
So this is how you can make this yummy cornbread at home. Try this method that we have told you in this article and do let us know.