If you have not tried creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry, then you are missing a lot of things. You will become a fan of this tasty and healthiest curry which is full of nutrients. If you have tried chickpea and spinach curry before, now it’s the time for cauliflower and chickpea curry.
If you don’t know the cauliflower and chickpea curry recipe and how to make cauliflower and chickpea curry at home then after reading this article you will be able to make for yourself also. There is nothing better than eating a dish which is made in the hygiene of our own house.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry?
- How to make creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry? Creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry recipe
- How much time does it take to make creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry?
- What is the nutritional value of the creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry?
First of all, let’s take a look at the creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry ingredients and after that, we will tell you the exact and easy recipe.
What are the ingredients in creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry?
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- Inch of ginger
- 1 tbsp curry powder, medium
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tin/400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tin/400ml full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup/120ml vegetable stock
- 1 medium cauliflower (around 4 cups)
- 1 tin/400g chickpeas, drained
- The drizzle of vegan cream
- Fresh coriander
How to make creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry? Creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry recipe
- Heat a tbsp of oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Add the finely chopped onion and let cook for a few minutes. Then add the minced garlic and grated ginger.
- Cook for a minute, stirring so it doesn’t burn.
- Add all the spices – curry powder, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, and chili powder. Cook for around 30 seconds until fragrant. Add a little more oil if it’s too dry.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Stir and let cook for a few minutes.
- Blend until smooth – transfer to a bowl and use a hand blender or place in a blender, then return to the pan.
- Add the coconut milk, stock, and cauliflower. Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized pieces – not too big not too small.
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes and then add the chickpeas for a further 5 minutes.
- The cauliflower should be soft but still, have a bit of bite. If you like it really soft just cook for longer.
- Garnish with some fresh coriander and a drizzle of vegan cream or coconut milk!
How much time does it take to make creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry?
What is the nutritional value of the creamy cauliflower and chickpea curry?
SERVING SIZE: 1
Did you like this cauliflower and chickpea curry recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comment section below. Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family so that they can also make this healthiest dish.