It nothing better than eating a creamy thing that is full of flavours and it saves your money also. Well, we are talking about creamy tofu korma which can be served with rice, alongside other curries. onion bhajis and naan. You can make it more interesting by making flavourful korma paste which is made up of red onion, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garam masala, turmeric, ground cumin, ground cardamom, cinnamon, and chili.
Here we will tell you all the things that you will need to know for making this tasty dish like the creamy tofu korma recipe, its ingredients, and how to make creamy tofu korma at home. You need to know the correct recipe for making any dish, that’s why you have to read about its recipe.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in creamy tofu korma?
- How to make creamy tofu korma at home? Creamy tofu korma recipe
- How much time does it take to make creamy tofu korma?
- What is the nutritional value of creamy tofu korma?
Let’s take a look at the creamy tofu korma ingredients first so that you can start collecting them.
What are the ingredients in creamy tofu korma?
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of hot chili powder
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp oil
- 500g extra firm tofu
- 1 tin (400ml) coconut milk
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 75ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Fresh coriander
How to make creamy tofu korma at home? Creamy tofu korma recipe
- In a dry frying pan on medium-high heat fry the coriander and cumin seeds until fragrant. Add to a blender/spice grinder and blend until fine.
- Add them along with the remaining paste ingredients to a blender and whizz until paste forms. If it’s getting stuck in the blades add a splash of water to loosen.
- In a large frying pan heat a tbsp of oil and add the tofu. Break up into chunks using your hands (for a more meaty look) or cut into 1-inch pieces. Fry for 5-10 minutes until starting to crisp and turn golden. Transfer to a bowl and set aside for later.
- In the same pan, add the curry paste along with the coconut milk and vegetable stock on low heat.
- Place the cashews and water in a high-speed blender until creamy. If you don’t have a high-speed blender you will need to soak them in hot water for 20-30 minutes to soften them.
- Add to the pan with the curry sauce and bring to a gentle simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a dry frying pan on medium heat add the cashews and toast until turning brown. Stir frequently so they don’t burn.
- When the korma sauce has thickened and is nice and creamy add the tofu until warmed through. Add the juice of half a lemon, stir, and then taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with the toasted cashed and fresh coriander and serve.
How much time does it take to make creamy tofu korma?
|Preparation Time||10 MINUTES|
|Cook Time||30 MINUTES|
|Total Time||40 MINUTES|
What is the nutritional value of creamy tofu korma?
SERVING SIZE: 1
Did you like this creamy tofu korma recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family so that they can also make this yummy dish at their homes
Also, don’t forget to share your valuable thoughts in the comment section below.