Chicken is very healthy and you can make many dishes with it like chicken noodles soup, fried chicken, chicken quesadilla and so many dishes. Chicken pot pies are very famous in the united stated and you can make the fillings of pot pie with poultry, beef, seafood, or plant-based fillings. The upper crispy crust of chicken pot pie will make you a fan of this yummy dish.
If you want to make chicken potpie at home but you don’t know how to make chicken pot pie from scratch, then you don’t have to worry about it. Today after reading this article you will be able to make one for yourself in the hygiene of your kitchen because we are going to tell you our favorite chicken pot pie recipe that you will never forget.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients for chicken pot pie?
- How to make chicken pot pie from scratch? The favorite chicken pot pie recipe
- How much time does it take to make a chicken pot pie recipe?
- What is the nutritional value of the chicken pot pie recipe?
First of all let’s take a look at the chicken pot pie ingredients so that you can start collecting them and after that, you can start preparing the dish.
What are the ingredients for chicken pot pie?
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup of frozen green peas
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ⅓ cup butter
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- ⅔ cup milk
- 2 (9 inches) unbaked pie crusts
How to make chicken pot pie from scratch? The favorite chicken pot pie recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
- In a saucepan, combine chicken, carrots, peas, and celery. Add water to cover and boil for 15 minutes. Remove from heat, drain, and set aside.
- In the saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and celery seed. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken mixture in the bottom pie crust. Pour hot liquid mixture over. Cover with top crust, seal edges and cut away excess dough. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.
How much time does it take to make a chicken pot pie recipe?
|1 hr 10 mins
What is the nutritional value of the chicken pot pie recipe?
Servings Per Recipe: 8
|Vitamin A Iu
This is how you can make chicken pot pie at home. Did you try this favorite chicken pot pie recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to share in the comment section below how it went.