If you want to eat something healthy, then you must try french onion soup which is tasty and healthy too. It gained popularity in the 1960s in the United States and today it was consumed by almost everyone. Onions contain a lot of nutrients required by your body to stay fit, so you should give it a try.
If you have not made this healthy french onion soup or you don’t know the french onion soup recipe, then today in this article we will tell you how to make french onion soup at home.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the french onion soup ingredients?
- How to make french onion soup? French onion soup recipe
- How much time does it take to make french onion soup?
- What is the nutritional value of french onion soup?
First of all, we need to know what are the ingredients of french onion soup because ingredients are the main thing in any dish. So without wasting much time let’s take a look at how to make french onion soup.
What are the french onion soup ingredients?
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups sliced onions
- 4 (10.5 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices French bread
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, diced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
How to make french onion soup? French onion soup recipe
- Melt butter with olive oil in an 8-quart stockpot on medium heat. Add onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Do not brown the onions.
- Add beef broth, sherry, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven broiler.
- Ladle soup into oven-safe serving bowls and place one slice of bread on top of each (bread may be broken into pieces if you prefer). Layer each slice of bread with a slice of provolone, 1/2 slice diced Swiss, and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Place bowls on a cookie sheet and broil in the preheated oven until cheese bubbles and browns slightly.
How much time does it take to make french onion soup?
|1hr 5 mins
What is the nutritional value of french onion soup?
|Vitamin A Iu