Chicken which is one the healthiest thing can be used in many dishes like chicken parmesan, shoyu chicken, chicken salad, and much more. Today in this article we will tell you about chicken cacciatore. It is most popularly made with braised chicken and served with onions, herbs, usually tomatoes, often bell peppers, and sometimes wine.
If you don’t know the chicken cacciatore recipe and how to make chicken cacciatore at home then don’t worry. Today we will tell you all the things that you will need to know for making this tasty and healthy dish.
In this article we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in chicken cacciatore?
- How to make chicken cacciatore at home? Chicken cacciatore recipe
- How much time does it take to make chicken cacciatore?
- What is the nutritional value of chicken cacciatore?
Ingredients play an important role in any dish, that’s why first of all we will tell you the chicken cacciatore ingredients so that you can start collecting them all.
What are the ingredients in chicken cacciatore?
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 6 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic, (or 6 cloves)
- 1 small yellow bell pepper (capsicum), diced
- 1 small red bell pepper (capsicum), diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced
- 10 oz (300g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons each freshly chopped parsley and basil plus more to garnish
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 150 ml red wine
- 28 oz (820g) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 7 oz (200g) Roma tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
How to make chicken cacciatore at home? Chicken cacciatore recipe
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a heavy cast-iron skillet. Sear chicken on both sides until golden, about 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan. Sauté the onion until transparent, about 3-4 minutes. Add in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the peppers, carrot, mushrooms, and herbs; cook for 5 minutes until vegetables begin to soften.
- Pour in the wine, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook until wine is reduced, about 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, Roma tomatoes, and chill flakes. Season with salt and pepper to your tastes. Return chicken pieces to the skillet and continue to cook over the stovetop OR in the oven following the instructions below.
FOR STOVE TOP:
Mix all of the ingredients together; cover with a lid, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer (while stirring occasionally) for 40 minutes or until the meat is falling off the bone. Add in the olives, allow to simmer for a further 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
FOR THE OVEN:
Transfer the covered skillet to a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) and cook for 50 minutes. Remove the lid, add in the olives and cook for an additional 20 minutes until the chicken is tender and falling off the bone, and the sauce has reduced.
How much time does it take to make chicken cacciatore?
|Preparation Time||10 MINS|
|Cook Time||40 MINS|
|Total Time||50 MINS|
What is the nutritional value of chicken cacciatore?
So this is how you can make chicken cacciatore at home. If you like this chicken cacciatore recipe, then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family so that they can also make this yummy dish.
Also, don’t forget to share your valuable thoughts in the comment section below.