There are many dishes that you can make with chicken-like chicken salad, you can bake chicken and it is one of the healthiest things that you can eat. If you have not tried chicken parmesan then you are missing a lot of things. Chicken parmesan is a dish that consists of chicken breast covered in tomato sauce and mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone cheese.
If you have heard of this dish and also tried it at your home but you have failed many times because you don’t know the exact chicken parmesan recipe and how to make chicken parmesan easily at home, then after reading this article you will be able to make it because we will be covering all the things that you need to know for making this yummy and healthy dish.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in chicken parmesan?
- How to make chicken parmesan easy? Chicken parmesan recipe
- How much time does it take to make chicken parmesan?
- What is the nutritional value of chicken parmesan?
Without wasting much time let’s take a look at what ingredients you will need to make this dish.
What are the ingredients in chicken parmesan?
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, or more as needed
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, or more if needed
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- ½ cup prepared tomato sauce
- ¼ cup fresh mozzarella, cut into small cubes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup grated provolone cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
How to make chicken parmesan easy? Chicken parmesan recipe
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place chicken breasts between two sheets of heavy plastic (resealable freezer bags work well) on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to a thickness of 1/2-inch. Season chicken thoroughly with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese in a separate bowl, set aside.
- Place flour in a sifter or strainer; sprinkle over chicken breasts, evenly coating both sides.
- Dip flour-coated chicken breast in beaten eggs. Transfer breast to breadcrumb mixture, pressing the crumbs into both sides. Repeat for each breast. Set aside breaded chicken breasts for about 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 cup olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat until it begins to shimmer. Cook chicken until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. The chicken will finish cooking in the oven.
- Place chicken in a baking dish and top each breast with about 1/3 cup of tomato sauce. Layer each chicken breast with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese, fresh basil, and provolone cheese. Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese on top and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is browned and bubbly, and chicken breasts are no longer pink in the center, 15 to 20 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
How much time does it take to make chicken parmesan?
|Preparation Time||25 mins|
|Cook Time||20 mins|
|Additional Time||15 mins|
|Total Time||1 hr|
What is the nutritional value of chicken parmesan?
|Vitamin A Iu|
Have you tried this dish? If yes, then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family, and also don’t forget to give your valuable feedback in the comment section below.