Crawfish Etouffee which is most popular in New Orleans, Acadiana area, coastal countries is easy to cook and a healthy dish. This dish is typically served with shellfish over rice. If we talk about the origin of this dish, then it may have been invented as early as the late 1920s.
If you have tried to make this dish at home but failed every time, then don’t worry. Today in this article we will tell you about the crawfish etouffee recipe and how to make crawfish etouffee at home so that you can enjoy it for lunch or dinner.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in crawfish etouffee?
- How to make crawfish etouffee at home? Crawfish etouffee recipe
- How much time does it take to make crawfish etouffee?
- What is the nutritional value of crawfish etouffee?
First of all, we will be covering the ingredients for crawfish etouffee so that you can start making this yummy dish.
What are the ingredients in crawfish etouffee?
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- 6 cups of water
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup water, or as needed
- 6 green onions, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste
How to make crawfish etouffee at home? Crawfish etouffee recipe
- Combine the rice and 6 cups water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until rice is tender and water has been absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, and saute until transparent. Stir in the garlic, and cook for a minute. Stir in the flour until well blended.
- Gradually stir in the tomato sauce and the remaining 1 cup water, then add the crawfish tails and bring them to a simmer.
- Add the green onions and season with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning. Simmer for 5 to 10 minutes over low heat, until the crawfish is cooked but not tough. Serve over hot cooked rice.
How much time does it take to make crawfish etouffee?
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||15 mins|
|Total Time||30 mins|
What is the nutritional value of crawfish etouffee?
|Vitamin A Iu||914.9IU|
So are you ready to serve it with hot rice? Share it with your friends and family so that they can also enjoy this yummy dish.