Samosa which is popular in India as a snack can be made in any shape like a triangular, cone, or half-moon shape. In India, it is famous for a triangular shape and people love to eat it with tea. In the eastern zone of Nepal, it is called singadas and in the rest of the country, it is called samosa.
You have tried samosa with fillings of spiced potatoes, onions, peas, cheese but do you know that you can also make a crispy chicken samosa at home? Now if the water started flowing in your mouth then today in this article we will tell you how to make yummy chicken samosa at home. We will be giving you all the details in this article like,
- What are the ingredients of chicken samosa?
- How to make crispy chicken samosa at home?
- How much time does it take to make chicken samosa?
- What is the nutritional value of chicken samosa?
So without wasting much time let’s take a look at the chicken samosa recipe, but first of all the main thing is ingredients.
What are the ingredients of chicken samosa?
For the dough:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tbsp water
For the filling:
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 tsp salt divided
- 8 oz minced chicken
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 2 green chilies chopped (optional)
How to make crispy chicken samosa at home? Chicken samosa recipe
- First Make the filling. Heat oil in a pan,
- Add in onion, curry leaves, ginger-garlic paste, and green chilies. Saute for 2 mins.
- Add salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add in all-purpose flour and saute for a min.
- Add in Chicken stock and cooked chicken and mix well. Set aside to cool.
- Take a samosa patti and spoon some filling in.
- Now fold like a samosa and seal the edges with flour and water paste.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
How much time does it take to make chicken samosa?
|Preparation Time||10 min|
|Cook Time||30 min|
|Total Time||40 min|
What is the nutritional value of chicken samosa?
If you want to fully enjoy this mind-blowing snack while sitting on your couch, serve it hot with mint chutney and green chilies.