You can make doughnuts at home or you can also buy them from bakeries, supermarkets, food stalls, and franchised specialty vendors but why you have to buy them if you can make them at the hygiene of your kitchen. You can make it in any shape like ring-shaped, ball-shaped and they are deep-fried from flour dough.
If you don’t know anything about it like how to make glazed doughnuts at home then you don’t have to worry about it. Today after reading this article you will be able to make one for yourself at your home because we are going to tell you the homemade glazed doughnuts recipe so that you can make them easily.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in glazed doughnuts?
- How to make glazed doughnuts at home? Homemade glazed doughnuts recipe
- How much time does it take to make glazed doughnuts?
- What is the nutritional value of glazed doughnuts?
So let’s take a look at the glazed doughnut ingredients so that you can start collecting them and after that, you can start preparing doughnuts at your home.
What are the ingredients in glazed doughnuts?
- 2 (.25 ounce) envelopes active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water (105 to 115 degrees)
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm milk
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-quart vegetable oil for frying
- ⅓ cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 4 tablespoons hot water or as needed
How to make glazed doughnuts at home? Homemade glazed doughnuts recipe
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water, and let stand for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yeast mixture, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening, and 2 cups of flour. Mix for a few minutes at low speed, or stirring with a wooden spoon. Beat in remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl. Knead for about 5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough into a greased bowl, and cover. Set in a warm place to rise until double. The dough is ready if you touch it, and the indention remains.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and gently roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a floured doughnut cutter. Let doughnuts sit out to rise again until double. Cover loosely with a cloth.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in confectioners’ sugar and vanilla until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in hot water one tablespoon at a time until the icing is somewhat thin, but not watery. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slide doughnuts into the hot oil using a wide spatula. Turn doughnuts over as they rise to the surface. Fry doughnuts on each side until golden brown. Remove from hot oil, to drain on a wire rack. Dip doughnuts into the glaze while still hot, and set onto wire racks to drain off excess. Keep a cookie sheet or tray under racks for easier cleanup.
How much time does it take to make glazed doughnuts?
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cook time||30 mins|
|Additional Time||2 hrs|
|Total Time||2 hrs 40 mins|
What is the nutritional value of glazed doughnuts?
Servings Per Recipe: 18
|Vitamin A Iu|
Did you try this homemade glazed doughnuts recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to share in the comment section below how it went.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family so that they can also learn how to make glazed doughnuts at home.