Do you want to drink some healthy drinks? Then you have to try eggnog which is made up of milk, cream, sugar, whipped egg whites, and egg yolks. As you can see there are so many healthy ingredients like eggs, milk, etc are added to it and it is tastier too. You will become a fan of it once you will try it.
If you want to try this drink at your home but don’t know anything about it like how to make good eggnog at home, then you don’t have to worry about it. Today after reading this article you will be able to make one for yourself at your home because we are going to tell you the homemade eggnog recipe that you will never forget.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in eggnog?
- How to make a good eggnog at home? Homemade eggnog recipe
- How much time does it take to make eggnog?
- What is the nutritional value of eggnog?
First of all, let’s take a look at the eggnog ingredients so that you can start collecting them and after that, you can start preparing the eggnog.
What are the ingredients in eggnog?
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups bourbon, rum, cognac, or a mix (optional)
- Freshly grated nutmeg, for serving
How to make a good eggnog at home? Homemade eggnog recipe
- Separate the eggs. Separate the eggs, placing the yolks in a medium bowl and the whites in a large bowl (I recommend the 3-Bowl Method for this step). Cover the whites and refrigerate until needed, or freeze if aging the eggnog for longer than a day.
- Whisk the yolks with the sugar. Add the sugar to the yolks and whisk by hand or with a mixer until the mixture is smooth, creamy, and lightened to a lemon-yellow color.
- Whisk in the milk, cream, and liquor (if using). Add the milk, cream, and liquor and whisk until combined.
- Cover and refrigerate. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. The more liquor you add, the longer it will keep — non-alcoholic eggnog should be consumed within 1 day; eggnog with 1/2 to 1 cup of liquor will keep for several days, and eggnog with 1 1/2 cups of liquor will keep for several weeks and continue aging and thickening quite nicely. (If aging for longer than a few days, transfer the eggnog to a sealed glass container or a mason jar.)
- Whisk the egg whites. Just before serving, whisk the reserved egg whites in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer at high speed until the whites form stiff peaks.
- Fold the egg whites into the eggnog. Transfer the beaten egg whites to the bowl with the eggnog and gently fold or stir the whites into the base — this gives the eggnog a frothy, extra-creamy texture. Some of the egg whites will also float to the top, like cappuccino foam.
- Serve the eggnog. Transfer the eggnog to a pitcher or punch bowl. Serve in individual glasses with a grating of nutmeg over top.
How much time does it take to make eggnog?
|Preparation Time||15 min|
|Total time||15 min|
What is the nutritional value of eggnog?
This is how you can make eggnog at home. Did you try this homemade eggnog recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to share in the comment section below how it went.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family so that they can also learn how to make good eggnog at home.