If you want to make shoyu chicken at home but don’t know the exact shoyu chicken recipe and how to make good shoyu chicken at home so that you can enjoy it with your friends and family, then after reading this article you will be able to make the best shoyu chicken in just a few steps.
You have heard about baked chicken but if you don’t know what exactly shoyu chicken means then it is a popular Hawaiian dish that is served with rice. The word shoyu is Japanese for soy sauce.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in shoyu chicken?
- How to make good shoyu chicken? Shoyu chicken recipe
- How much time does it take to make shoyu chicken?
- What is the nutritional value of shoyu chicken?
So without wasting much time let’s take a look at what ingredients you need for making yummy shoyu chicken at home.
What are the ingredients in shoyu chicken?
- 1 cup of soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
How to make good shoyu chicken? Shoyu chicken recipe
- Whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, water, garlic, onion, ginger, black pepper, oregano, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, and paprika in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Add the chicken thighs, and toss to evenly coat. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate.
- Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade. Discard the remaining marinade. Grill the chicken thighs on the preheated grill until cooked through, about 15 minutes per side.
How much time does it take to make shoyu chicken?
|1 hr 40 mins
What is the nutritional value of shoyu chicken?
|Vitamin A Iu