If you want to eat something special on the eve of Christmas or at thanksgiving, then there is nothing better than eating a homemade sweet potato pie which is made in an open shell without a top crust and the filling are made of mashed sweet potatoes, evaporated milk, sugar, spices such as nutmeg, and eggs. For making it more interesting you can add other ingredients like vanilla or lemon extracts.
If you have a Christmas party at your home and you want to serve homemade sweet potato pie to your guests but don’t know anything about it like how to make homemade sweet potato pie and a simple sweet potato pie recipe then you don’t have to worry about. Today after reading this article you will be able to make this yummy and sweet pie at your home.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients for sweet potato pie?
- How to make homemade sweet potato pie? The sweet potato pie recipe
- How much time does it take to make a sweet potato pie recipe?
- What is the nutritional value of the sweet potato pie recipe?
First of all, let’s take a look at the sweet potato pie ingredients so that you can’t pick up the wrong one.
What are the ingredients for sweet potato pie?
- 1 (1 pound) sweet potato
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inches) unbaked pie crust
How to make homemade sweet potato pie? The sweet potato pie recipe
- Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl. Add butter, and mix well with mixer. Stir in sugar, milk, eggs, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until the mixture is smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. The pie will puff up like a souffle and then will sink down as it cools.
How much time does it take to make a sweet potato pie recipe?
|Preparation Time||30 mins|
|Cook Time||1 hr 50 mins|
|Total Time||2 hrs 20 mins|
What is the nutritional value of the sweet potato pie recipe?
Servings Per Recipe: 8
|Vitamin A Iu|
Did you try this sweet potato pie recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to tell us in the comment section below how it went.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family so that they can also make this sweet pie on the eve of Christmas.