If you want to make polish cabbage rolls on the eve of Christmas so that you can serve it to your guests but don’t know anything about it like how to make polish cabbage rolls. Then today after reading this article you will be able to make one for yourself because we are going to share the super easy polish cabbage rolls recipe with you.
This is more popular in central Europe and this dish is made from boiled cabbage leaves wrapped around a filling of minced pork or beef, chopped onions, and rice or barley. There are some other variants of its name like stuffed cabbage, cabbage casserole, piggies in a blanket, etc.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients of polish cabbage rolls?
- How to make polish cabbage rolls? Super easy polish cabbage rolls recipe
- How much time does it take to make polish cabbage rolls?
- What is the nutritional value of polish cabbage rolls?
First of all, let’s take a look at the cabbage rolls polish style ingredients so that you can start collecting them and after that, you can start preparing these rolls.
What are the ingredients of polish cabbage rolls?
- ⅔ cup uncooked white rice
- 1 ⅓ cups water
- 1 large head cabbage
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ pounds ground chicken
- 2 eggs
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pinch dried marjoram
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
How to make polish cabbage rolls? Super easy polish cabbage rolls recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed 20 to 25 minutes. Allow rice to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove the core from the cabbage, and place the cabbage in the boiling water. Remove the outer leaves as they soften. Set leaves aside.
- Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the onion until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir together the cooked onion, ground chicken, cooked rice, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, and marjoram in a bowl.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the meat mixture in the center of each cabbage leaf. Roll leaf and tuck end in to enclose filling. Secure each roll with a toothpick if necessary. Place rolls into a prepared baking dish. Pour tomato sauce over the rolls.
- Bake, covered, in the preheated oven until the meat in the rolls is no longer pink, 45 to 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the casserole should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).
How much time does it take to make polish cabbage rolls?
|Preparation Time||45 mins|
|Cook Time||45 mins|
|Total Time||1 hr 30 mins|
What is the nutritional value of polish cabbage rolls?
Servings Per Recipe: 8
|Vitamin A Iu|
Did you try this super easy polish cabbage rolls recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to share in the comment section below how it went.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family so that they can also learn how to make polish cabbage rolls.