How does it feel like eating balls made up of chocolate and rum? I know this sounds funny because you have never tried rum balls till now. You will love it and you have to learn the rum balls recipe so that you can make them whenever your want to eat them because you are going to be a fan of it once you tried them.
If you want to make rum balls for yourself but you don’t know how to make rum balls at home then you don’t have to worry about it. Tody after reading this article you will be able to know all the things that you will need to know for making these balls like the easy rum balls recipe and its ingredients.
In this article, you will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in rum balls?
- How to make rum balls at home? Easy rum balls recipe
- How much time does it take to make rum balls?
- What is the nutritional value of rum balls?
First of all, let’s take a look at the rum balls ingredients so that you can start collecting them and after that, you can start preparing the balls.
What are the ingredients for rum balls?
- 9 ounces (250 grams) vanilla wafers/cookies, or plain chocolate cookies
- 14 ounces (400 grams) sweetened condensed milk (I use Nestle)
- 3 tablespoons rum (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded or desiccated coconut
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup finely shredded or desiccated coconut (or more)
How to make rum balls at home? Easy rum balls recipe
Set up a work station with a large ziplock bag and rolling pin (or a food processor); a large bowl for mixing; and a shallow bowl with 3/4 cup of coconut for rolling in.
Place the cookies in a ziplock bag, seal and crush with the rolling pin. Alternatively, crush in the food processor until fine crumbs form. It’s ok if there are some slightly larger pieces.
Add the crushed cookies, coconut, cocoa powder, condensed milk, rum, and vanilla to the large bowl. Mix the ingredients well using a wooden spoon, then your hands once it gets too thick. (If the mixture is too thick, mix in 1-2 tablespoons of milk).
Scoop out a tablespoonful of mixture and roll into a 1 – 1 1/2 inch ball, then roll in coconut until completely covered. Place on a baking sheet or tray and repeat until all the mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
How much time does it take to make rum balls?
What is the nutritional value of rum balls?
This is how you can make rum balls at home. Did you try this easy rum balls recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to share in the comment section below how it went.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family so that they can also learn how to make rum balls at home.