Quiche which is popular worldwide is a french tart in which pastry crust is filled with savoury custard and pieces of cheese, meat, seafood, or vegetables. You can enjoy it hot or cold and there are some varieties of it as well like quiche Lorraine, quiche with cheese, quiche with mushrooms, etc.
If you don’t know anything about this dish like how to make a quiche recipe at home then you don’t have to worry about it. Today after reading this article you will be able to make one for yourself also because we are going to tell you the perfect quiche recipe so that you can easily make it at the hygiene of your kitchen.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in quiche?
- How to make quiche at home? Perfect quiche recipe
- How much time does it take to make quiche?
- What is the nutritional value of quiche?
First of all let’s take a look at the quiche ingredients so that you can start collecting them and after that, you can start preparing quiche.
What are the ingredients in quiche?
- Cooking spray
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust (single crust)
- 1 to 2 cups filling ingredients, such as cooked bacon, mushrooms, onions, and spinach
- 1 to 2 cups shredded cheese (3 to 6 ounces), such as Gruyère, Swiss, or cheddar, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
How to make a quiche recipe at home? Perfect quiche recipe
- Prepare the quiche crust. Coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Roll out the pie crust and fit it into the pie plate. Trim away any overhang and reserve for patching up any cracks that appear during baking. Freeze the crust for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 350°F.
- Blind bake the crust. Cover the pie crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights or beans. Make sure the weights are snug against the sides of the pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove the weights and parchment. Bake until just starting to brown, 10 to 15 minutes more. Cool while you prepare the filling.
- Cook the filling ingredients if needed. While the crust is baking, prepare your quiche filling. Make sure all the ingredients are cooked through and fairly dry (i.e., make sure spinach has wilted and that cooked mushrooms have released all their moisture).
- Fill the crust. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the fillings. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Prepare the custard filling. Place the eggs, milk, cream, and salt in a medium bowl and whisk until frothy and combined. Pour the custard into the pie crust.
- Bake the quiche. Bake the quiche until the edges are set but it still jiggles a little in the center, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cool the quiche. Cool for at least 20 minutes, but ideally overnight in the refrigerator.
- Slice and serve. Quiche can be served cold, room temperature, or warmed. If serving warm, heat in a 300°F oven until just warm to the touch.
How much time does it take to make quiche?
|Preparation Time||2 hours, 40 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour, 20 minutes|
|Total Time||4 hours|
What is the nutritional value of quiche?
This is how you can make quiche at home. Did you try this perfect quiche recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to tell us in the comment section how it went.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family so that they can also learn how to make quiche at home.