Do you want to eat a crispy chicken sandwich topped with pickles, mayo, or spicy Cajun sauce? I know the water started flowing in your mouth and you want to grab one right now. Don’t worry, today we will tell you all the things that you need to know for making this crispy and yummy popeyes chicken sandwich at your home.
Here we will tell you how to make a popeyes chicken sandwich at home and the easiest popeyes chicken sandwich recipe so that you can make it at your home. If you are confused with the name of this sandwich, let me tell you that popeyes is a fast food restaurant company that debuted its new crispy chicken sandwich on August 12, 2019.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in the popeyes chicken sandwich?
- How to make a popeyes chicken sandwich at home? Popeyes chicken sandwich recipe
- How much time does it take to make a popeyes chicken sandwich at home?
- What is the nutritional value of the popeyes chicken sandwich?
First of all, we will tell you the popeyes chicken sandwich ingredients and after that, we will tell you the easiest recipe to make it.
What are the ingredients in the popeyes chicken sandwich?
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- 2 skinless chicken breasts small, about 5 ounces each.
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1½ tsp salt
- 2 cups fryer oil
- ⅔ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp hot sauce
- 2 brioche buns lightly toasted
- ¼ cup pickle chips
How to make a popeyes chicken sandwich at home? Popeyes chicken sandwich recipe
- Pour buttermilk into a baking dish and add chicken breasts, turning to coat. Allow mixture to sit for 30 minutes.
- In another baking dish combine flour, cornstarch, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Whisk together.
- Drizzle a couple of spoonfuls of buttermilk from the baking dish with the chicken into the baking dish with the flour mixture and gently stir together.
- Season each chicken breast with salt and dredge into the flour mixture, on both sides, until fully coated.
- Shake off any excess coating and transfer to a baking sheet lined with a cooling rack.
- While breaded chicken sits, preheat 3 inches oil in a large skillet to 350˚F.
- Carefully slide each chicken breast into the hot oil and fry for 5 to 6 minutes. Gently flip each piece of chicken and continue frying for an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through.
- Transfer cooked chicken onto a clean baking sheet lined with a cooling rack. Season with salt.
- Combine mayo and hot sauce into a small mixing bowl and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- To assemble spread the spicy mayo on the tops and bottoms of each bun. Place pickles on top of the bottom bun and top with a piece of fried chicken. Place top buns over chicken and gently press. Serve immediately!
How much time does it take to make a popeyes chicken sandwich at home?
|Preparation Time||15 MINS|
|Cook Time||11 MINS|
|Inactive Time||30 MINS|
|Total Time||56 MINS|
What is the nutritional value of the popeyes chicken sandwich?
So this is how you can make a popeyes chicken sandwich recipe. If you like this recipe, then don’t forget to share it with your friends and family so that they can also enjoy this at their home.
Also, don’t forget to share your valuable thoughts in the comment section below.