If you want to eat an Italian pastry consisting of a deep-fried dough ball then you can try zeppole which is topped with powdered sugar and maybe filled with custard, jelly, cannoli-style pastry cream, or a butter-and-honey mixture. If you are planning a party on Christmas then you can make many dishes and beverages like eggnog, hot chocolate, rum balls, diples, and so many other things.
If you want to make zeppole but you don’t know anything about it like how to make zeppole at home then today after reading this article you will be able to make one for yourself or for others in the hygiene of your kitchen. Here we are going to tell you the traditional zeppole recipe and all the other things that you need to know.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in zeppole?
- How to make zeppole at home? Traditional zeppole recipe
- How much time does it take to make zeppole?
- What is the nutritional value of zeppole?
So without wasting much time, first of all, let’s take a look at the zeppole ingredients so that you can start collecting them and after that, you can start preparing this yummy thing.
What are the ingredients in zeppole?
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon white sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar for dusting
How to make zeppole at home? Traditional zeppole recipe
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Stir in the eggs, ricotta cheese, and vanilla. Mix gently over low heat until combined. The batter will be sticky.
- Drop by tablespoons into the hot oil a few at a time. Zeppole will turn over by themselves. Fry until golden brown, about 3 or 4 minutes. Drain in a paper sack and dust with confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm.
How much time does it take to make zeppole?
|Preparation time||15 mins|
|Cook Time||25 mins|
|Total Time||40 mins|
What is the nutritional value of zeppole?
Servings Per Recipe: 35
|Vitamin A Iu||16.7IU|
This is how you can make zeppole at home. Did you try this traditional zeppole recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to share in the comment section below how it went.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family so that they can also learn how to make zeppole at home.