Eggs which are a great source of protein and other valuable nutrients are available and eaten in almost every home. The eggs were given by different kinds of species like birds, reptiles, amphibians, a few mammals, and fish. The most consumable type of eggs is given by chicken.
Many people eat eggs in breakfast with bread and butter but have you ever tried microwave poached egg? If no then today in this article we will tell you the easiest microwave poached egg recipe that you can cook at home in very little time.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients of the microwave poached egg?
- How to make microwave poached egg? Microwave poached egg recipe
- How much time does it take to make a microwave poached egg?
- What is the nutritional value of the microwave poached egg?
- What you can serve with poached eggs?
Before sharing the microwave poached egg recipe, the most important thing is its ingredients. So without wasting much time let’s take a look at the ingredients of microwave poached egg.
What are the ingredients of the microwave poached egg?
- 1/2 cup water (cold)
- 2 large eggs
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
How to make microwave poached egg? Microwave poached egg recipe
- Gather the ingredients.
- Fill a microwave-safe coffee cup, glass, or microwave-safe liquid measuring cup with 1/2 cup of cold tap water.
- Crack 1 egg into the cup.
- Place a saucer on top of the cup so that it covers the opening completely.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds and then see if the egg white is cooked through. If not, continue to microwave in 10-second increments. Wait several seconds before removing the lid as steam can escape quickly and powerfully, even after a very short amount of cooking time.
- Repeat with the other egg in a fresh cup.
- Serve with salt and pepper, and enjoy.
How much time does it take to make a microwave poached egg?
|Preparation Time||1 min|
|Cook Time||2 min|
|Total Time||3 min|
What is the nutritional value of the microwave poached egg?
What you can serve with poached eggs?
Well, there are many dishes you can eat a microwave poached egg with, but most of the famous thing that you can enjoy with this awesome nutritional food is hot toast covered in butter.
You can even try it with pizza, in a bowl of soup, on salads, etc.