If you want to eat something crispy as a side dish in your dinner then you should try pan-fried potatoes which are rich in nutrients and it is yummy too. Potatoes are rich in carbs, fiber, vitamin C, vitamin B6, potassium, manganese and it is low in calories and you know these all nutrients are required by our body to stay fit.
If you don’t know how to make pan-fried potatoes at home and pan-fried potatoes recipe, then you don’t have to worry about it. Today after reading this article you will be able to make this dish for yourself at your own home.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients in pan-fried potatoes?
- How to make pan-fried potatoes at home? Pan-fried potatoes recipe
- How much time does it take to make pan-fried potatoes?
- What is the nutritional value of pan-fried potatoes?
First of all, let’s take a look at the pan-fried potatoes ingredients so that you can start collecting them.
What are the ingredients in pan-fried potatoes?
- 1 pound medium red or Yukon Gold potatoes (3 to 4)
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided, plus more as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Finely chopped fresh herbs, such as 1 teaspoon thyme or oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional)
How to make pan-fried potatoes at home? Pan-fried potatoes recipe
- Quarter 1 pound red or Yukon gold potatoes lengthwise, then cut each piece crosswise into 1-inch wide chunks. Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a 10 to 12-inch cast-iron skillet over medium heat until shimmering. (Alternatively, use a nonstick skillet and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.) Add the potatoes, arrange in a single layer cut-side down, and season with 1/2 teaspoon of the kosher salt.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and cook undisturbed until the potatoes are tender and the bottoms are golden brown, about 20 minutes. Meanwhile, finely chop the herb of your choice, 1 teaspoon thyme or oregano, or 1/2 teaspoon rosemary.
- Uncover and flip each piece with tongs to a second cut side. Season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and a few grinds of black pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook uncovered until the second side is golden brown, 5 to 10 minutes more, moving the pieces around as needed so they brown evenly.
- Add the herb and 1 tablespoon unsalted butter if desired and cook, tossing occasionally, until the butter is melted and the herbs are fragrant about 1 minute. Taste and season with more salt as needed.
How much time does it take to make pan-fried potatoes?
|Preparation Time||5 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
|Total Time||35 minutes|
What is the nutritional value of pan-fried potatoes?
Did you try this pan-fried potatoes recipe? If yes, then don’t forget to share how it went in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family so that they can also try this at their homes.