You want to make ham glaze at your home on the occasion of Christmas and want to enjoy it with your friends and family but don’t know the exact ham glaze recipe and how to make ham glaze at home then don’t worry. Here we will tell you all the things that you need to know about making the best ham glaze at home.
If you want to make the best glaze for ham then try to make it with honey, brown sugar, or maple syrup. Your ham glaze will be thick and gummy in texture depends on the way how you make it.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients for ham glaze?
- How to make ham glaze at home? Ham glaze recipe
- How much time does it take to make ham glaze?
- What is the nutritional value of ham glaze?
First of all, let’s take a look at the ham glaze ingredients that you will need to make a ham glaze at your home.
What are the ingredients for ham glaze?
- 1 (5 pounds) ready-to-eat ham
- ¼ cup whole cloves
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 2 cups honey
- ⅔ cup butter
How to make ham glaze at home? Ham glaze recipe
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Score ham, and stud with the whole cloves. Place ham in foil-lined pan.
- In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey, and butter. Keep glaze warm while baking ham
- Brush glaze over ham, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze.
- During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on the broiler to caramelize the glaze. Remove from oven, and let sit a few minutes before serving.
How much time does it take to make ham glaze?
|Preparation Time||20 mins|
|Cook Time||1 hr 15 mins|
|Total Time||1 hr 35 mins|
What is the nutritional value of ham glaze?
Servings Per Recipe: 15
|Vitamin A Iu|
So this is how you can make ham glaze at home. If you like this ham glaze recipe, then don’t forget to share this article with your friends and family, and also don’t forget to share your thoughts in the comment section below.