Pork tenderloin is rich in nutrients and it is healthy, juicy, and easy to make. If you don’t know what exactly pork tenderloin called then it is a long thin cut of pork. It is sometimes served on a hamburger as a very thinly sliced piece of pork.
If you have tried to cook pork tenderloin at home but failed many times because you don’t know the exact pork tenderloin recipe and how to cook pork tenderloin at home then today after reading this article you will be able to make tasty and juicy pork tenderloin.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients of pork tenderloin?
- How to make pork tenderloin? Pork tenderloin recipe
- How much time does it take to make pork tenderloin?
- What is the nutritional value of pork tenderloin?
So without wasting much time let’s take a look at the ingredients of pork tenderloin and what you need to collect.
What are the ingredients of pork tenderloin?
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Celtic sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- 2 lb pork tenderloin, optional: pre-marinated pork before cooking
- 4 tbsp butter, sliced into 4-6 pats
- 2 tbsp diced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil*
- 1 tsp dried oregano*
- 1 tsp dried thyme*
- 1 tsp dried parsley*
- 1/2 tsp dried sage*
- *OR 2 tbsp Italian Herb Seasoning Blend
How to make pork tenderloin? Pork tenderloin recipe
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, parsley, and sage. Set aside.
- Generously season meat with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, heat oil until shimmery.
- Add to pan, and cook on all sides until dark golden brown.
- Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Generously coat with herb mix.
- Place pats of butter on top of the pork.
- Wrap in foil, bake until meat is 150 degrees internally at the widest, thickest part of the tenderloin (about 25 minutes.)
- When the pork has come to temperature, remove and let rest, tented with foil, for at least five minutes to lock in juices.
- Slice against the grain and serve immediately.
- To store leftovers, place in an airtight container, and keep in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- To freeze leftovers, place in a plastic bag or wrap in plastic wrap and keep in the freezer for up to three months.
- To reheat, let thaw naturally in the refrigerator overnight, and bake at 350, wrapped in foil until piping hot when ready to serve.
How much time does it take to make pork tenderloin?
|Preparation Time||15 mins|
|Resting Time||45 mins|
|Total Time||1 hour|
What is the nutritional value of pork tenderloin?
So are you ready to cook this healthy and tasty dish? Share it with your friends and family and enjoy with them.