A sloppy joe is a sandwich that is served on a hamburger bun with ground beef or pork, onions, tomato sauce or ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, etc. If we talk about the origin of this dish, then it was originated in the United States during the early 20th century.
If you want to make sloppy joe at home but you don’t know the exact sloppy joe recipe and how to make sloppy joes at home, then today after reading this article you will be able to make one for yourself at home.
In this article, we will be covering,
- What are the ingredients for sloppy joes?
- How to make sloppy joes at home? Sloppy joe recipe
- How much time does it take to make sloppy joe?
- What is the nutritional value of sloppy joe?
Ingredients for sloppy joes play an important role, so you need to know what ingredients you have to collect for making this dish.
What are the ingredients for sloppy joes?
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- ¾ cup ketchup
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
How to make sloppy joes at home? Sloppy joe recipe
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef, onion, and green pepper; drain off liquids.
- Stir in the garlic powder, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar; mix thoroughly. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
How much time does it take to make sloppy joe?
|Preparation Time||10 mins|
|Cook Time||30 mins|
|Total Time||40 mins|
What is the nutritional value of sloppy joe?
|Vitamin A Iu|